More than 18,000 from across the globe to attend event in Atlanta, themed, “The Wait Is Over”
Check out the highlights from this amazing event where tens of thousands of women poured into Atlanta, Georgia’s Philip’s Arena for an intense gathering of large proportions. Created to empower and educate women all over the world, The Woman, Thou Art Loosed! conference was the main attraction for the city of Atlanta October 2nd- 4th.
What first began as a Sunday School curriculum in 1992, designed by best-selling author Bishop T.D. Jakes, to address the needs of women and encourage them to live fully within their purpose, has transformed into one of the most well-attended and diverse gatherings of women in the world. Renowned for its marquee speakers and special guests, custom designed Girl Talk sessions and dynamic entertainment, Woman, Thou Art Loosed! was poised to address specific spiritual and practical needs of women.
A first for the annual women’s extravaganza, several new elements were added, including; the ‘Women in Business’ panel, networking sessions, and morning workout sessions.
The ‘Women in Business’ panel was a highly-anticipated and essential highlight. According to a 2010 U.S. Census Bureau’s survey of business owners, women owned 7.8 million businesses in 2007 which accounted for 28.7 percent of all businesses nationwide. As many career-focused women are working to find a successful work-life balance, the panel candidly addressed what it takes to be successful at the office and at home.
The new programming additions supported Bishop Jakes’ vision of continuing to speak to the needs of modern women while helping them to accelerate growth in their work, family and social spheres.
2014 Conference Keynote Speakers
- Bishop T.D. Jakes: T. D. Jakes is a charismatic leader, visionary, provocative thinker and entrepreneur who serves as Senior Pastor of The Potter’s House of Dallas, a 30,000-member church in the southwestern sector of Dallas. Named “America’s Best Preacher” by Time Magazine, Jakes’ voice reverberates from the world’s most prominent stages. T. D. Jakes ranks among the 25 Most Influential African Americans, Britain’s 100 Most Influential Black People and EBONY’s Power 150. His worldwide impact is felt through a media empire spanning film, television, radio, best-selling books, and a plethora of conference series.
- Christine Cane: Known for her ability to communicate profound messages of hope and inspiration, she is a member of the leadership team at Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia, and directs Equip & Empower Ministries. In 2008, she and her husband founded The A21 Campaign, an organization dedicated to addressing the injustice of human trafficking.
- Pastor Van Moody: Pastor and bestselling author of The People Factor, he completed post-graduate studies at Harvard University and at Oxford University in Oxford, England. A mentor to business leaders, he is a trainer for John Maxwell’s global leadership training initiative, EQUIP, in Japan and sits on the Board of Directors for Joel Osteen’s Champions Network.
- Dr. Jasmin W. Sculark: Affectionately known as “Dr. Jazz”, she a native of the Island of Trinidad and Tobago and the Senior Pastor of Jericho City Praise in Landover, MD and Founder/President of Dr. Jazz Ministries. She is noted for being the first female to pastor a Baptist church in York, PA. She recently published her first book, Dancing With Broken Bones.
- Dr. Claudette Copeland: Reverend Copeland has served in a variety of ministry settings for over 40 years. She is the founder of Claudette Copeland Ministries a national empowerment group for women. She invites many into the healing, delivering, transforming regions of God’s space, and you will surely be better because she came your way!
A fan favorite whenever it’s presented, hosted by Mrs. Serita A. Jakes and Sarah Jakes, the Girl Talk symposium hosted some of the nation’s most thoughtful and relevant voices pertaining to issues women face today.
- Host: Mrs. Serita A. Jakes: Throughout her years of marriage, she has served alongside her husband, Bishop T. D. Jakes, with purpose, poise and precision. Best-selling author, Mrs. Jakes is the executive Director of The Potter’s House Women’s Ministries.
- Host: Sarah Jakes: Businesswoman, author and media personality, Sarah currently serves as the Senior Editor of eMotions, an online inspirational magazine and oversees the women’s ministry at The Potter’s House of Dallas, a multicultural, non-denominational church led by her father, Bishop T.D. Jakes.
- Dr. Michelle R. Callahan: As a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, Dr. Michelle provides executive coaching, training and strategic organizational development consulting. She is also on the board of Black Girls Rock! You’ve seen Dr. Michelle on programs such as Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, The Talk, Oprah and the Today Show.
- Dr. Gary Chapman: Sales exceeding 8 million copies earned him the Platinum Book Award from the Evangelical Publishers Association for his book The Five Love Languages, which has been translated into over forty languages. Thirty-four other books and five video series are also among his publications.
- Rosilyn Houston: A veteran banker with over 20 years in the retail banking industry. Houston has also earned Executive Leadership Certification from Babson and Wharton colleges in Madrid, Spain.
- Lee Jenkins: Before becoming a pastor, Lee spent 25 years as an investment adviser. His advice has been featured numerous times via CNN, TBN, USA Today, Black Enterprise Magazine and Essence Magazine.
- Lisa Williams: Founder of Living Water for Girls and Living Water Learning Resource Center to rehabilitate and restore girls of violence and human sex trafficking. In 2013, Lisa spoke at the United Nations 57th Commission on the Status of Women on The Elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls. She has become one of the most recognized voices for children and young women who have suffered abuse and sex trafficking in America.
- Natasha Stewart: Internationally acclaimed and sought-after motivational speaker, trainer and teacher. She served as the “Relationship Expert” for NBC Non-Stop and featured in popular magazines such as Heart & Soul and eMotions. She is currently the Director of The Center for Counseling and Behavioral Health at The Potter’s House of Dallas.
- Corey S. Taylor: Began his company as a blog 3 years ago under the name, “Fitness As A Lifestyle”. With the help of social media and a relentless, uncompromising work ethic, Corey’s Fitness & Training practice continues to grow.
- Mandy Hale: Blogger turned hit author and speaker, Mandy Hale is affectionately known around the world as “The Single Woman.” Invited by Oprah to cover her Lifeclass as part of OWN’s “VIP Press Corps” in 2012, Mandy’s second highly-anticipated book, I’ve Never Been to Vegas, But My Luggage Has, hit shelves on March 11, 2014.