Racing season is upon us, and it is time to get ready for the must-visit event of the social calendar. However, finding an outfit that is both on trend and in keeping with the rules and tone of the occasion can often be tricky. In a bid to help race-goers, McArthurGlen’s East Midlands Designer Outlet is revealing its ‘Secret Guide to Dressing Immaculately at the Races’
East Midlands Designer Outlet houses the finest in racewear brands including luxury labels such as Aquascutum and Jaeger, as well as high-street favourites such as Phase Eight and Kurt Geiger, all at up to 60% less.
McArthurGlen have put together their top tips to ensure race-goers are on trend, whilst adhering to race-day etiquette:
- Embrace the trends – metallics are huge this season and will work brilliantly for summer race meetings. Stripes and florals are also a key trend and will give your outfit a playful twist.
- The right hat will complete a racing outfit – make sure you try on as many as possible to find the most flattering for your face shape. An asymmetrical brim compliments a rounder face, while an oval face will suit almost all styles.
- White is the colour of the season. Embrace the look with a 60’s inspired shift dress, which will flatter all shapes. Add a splash of colour with a bright, small, over the shoulder bag.
- Avoid sinking into the grass by opting for chunky block heels or wedges, rather than towering stilettos. Midi block heels look great in bright colours and will keep you perfectly up-right the entire day.
- Relax and have fun with your outfit – the races are a great day out and your outfit should reflect that as well as your personal style. Bring extra hat pins and an umbrella with you to combat the British weather. Sunglasses are also a must. Be bold and opt for round lenses with thick bright frames – think John Lennon meets Jackie O.